Popular Posts

Friday, March 13, 2015

Add a dash of your own personality


“I am a firm believer that there is absolutely a portion of the personality of a writer in the main character(s) he/she creates.  My characters are not exactly as I am, but they most certainly do possess solid elements of ‘me-ness’ in them.  They must, because it’s me imagining how they would react and respond and reply to presented stimuli.  And all I have to go on is what exists within my experience; experience that has made me, me.
—Richelle Goodrich

Richelle Goodrich

Richelle, who lives in Washington State, is the mother of 3, and writes mostly Young Adult fiction, said she has spent her life cultivating an overactive imagination that has primed her latent talent in storytelling. 

“I hear most often with my eyes, and I will trust an expression before any accompanying comment,” she said.   “I invent rules, words, adventures, and imaginary friends, and I pretend something wonderful every day.”

Great advice, especially when it comes to Writers’ Moments.   Happy writing!

Share A Writer’s Moment with a friend by clicking the g+1 button below.

No comments:

Post a Comment