Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Those seeds that you plant


Today, I am coming from the funeral of my Aunt Alyce, a woman who helped raise me when my mother was left alone with 3 small kids and no one else to whom she could turn for help.  To say she had an oversized impact on my life would be an understatement, and I thought of her again this morning when I saw this quote.

“Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” 
– Robert Louis Stevenson

My aunt was a “seed planter,” not only for me but for hundreds (perhaps thousands) more, and so many of us didn’t get that last chance to thank her personally before her sudden and unexpected death from a stroke.  As we approach Christmas, I encourage you to thank a person who “planted the seeds” that made a difference in your life.   It will, indeed, be a gift that will have meaning to you both.  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!




Share A Writer’s Moment with a friend by clicking g+1 below.

No comments:

Post a Comment