Popular Posts

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Taking your breath away

 
“If one tries to think about history, it seems to me - it's like looking at a range of mountains. And the first time you see them, they look one way. But then time changes, the pattern of light shifts. Maybe you've moved slightly, your perspective has changed. The mountains are the same, but they look very different.” – English novelist and historian Robert Harris

Yesterday was one of “those days” along the Front Range of Colorado – warm, sunny, beautiful.  And the mountains near our home just begged to be photographed and so I obliged.
This is the view from the western edge of Broomfield, the community in which I reside.  As Nathaniel Hawthorne once noted, “Mountains are earth's undecaying monuments.”  And for those who have chosen to become writers, they are undecaying inspiration.   I often say that if I cannot be inspired to write after viewing the beauty of the mountains, then I do not deserve to be called by the name, writer. 

They do, indeed, create for us many breathtaking “writers’ moments.”




Share A Writer’s Moment with a friend by clicking g+1 below.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment