Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Entertaining writing on a road to success


“The sky is always beautiful. Even when it’s dark or rainy or cloudy, it’s still beautiful to look at. It’s my favorite thing because I know if I ever get lost or lonely or scared, I just have to look up and it’ll be there no matter what...and I know it’ll always be beautiful.” – Colleen Hoover

Born in 1979, Hoover said she wrote her first novel Slammed with no intention of being published; just getting the words on paper while they were in her head.  The Sulphur Springs, Tex., native added that she was inspired by a line from an Avett Brothers song that said, “Decide to be and go with it.”  Throughout her first book, she refers to other lyrics from that same song “Head full of doubt/Road full of promise.”  
                                   And so she went with her writing and Slammed became the first of 11 bestselling novels and 5 novellas in the YA/New Adult categories.  All of her books – many self-published and then later picked up by major publishers – have made it to the New York Times bestseller list, led by her 5th book, Hopeless, which reached the top spot and stayed there for several weeks.

Often called “Highly entertaining” by critics and especially by readers, Hoover said, “I'm not the type of writer who writes to educate or inform my readers. I simply write to entertain them.”




Share A Writer’s Moment with a friend at http://writersmoment.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment