Popular Posts

Thursday, June 4, 2020

'Play Fair and Share'


“I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death.” – Robert Fulghum

Fulghum, born in Waco, TX on this date in 1937, speaks and writes from his many life experiences, including work as a ditch-digger, newspaper carrier, ranch hand, IBM salesman, singing cowboy …  and being a child.  

His book All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten was on the New York Times bestseller list for more than two years and has sold more than 16 million copies.

Subtitled “Uncommon Thoughts on Common Things,” it became such a big hit because, like Fulghum himself, it shares wonderful everyday insights that each of us really ought to know and often just have forgotten, like "Play fair," "Share," and "Don't hit people."
       A Unitarian Universalist minister, Fulghum once said he started writing to share many of the thoughts and ideas he utilized in his preaching and in reaching out to members of his congregation.  “I think,” he added, “my writing is part of my ministry.”



Share A Writer’s Moment with a friend or forward the link: http://writersmoment.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment