Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Leave a trail



When I’m looking for inspiration for getting the writing juices flowing, I like to seek out things great writers have put down as inspiration for themselves, or as advice to others about the profession they’ve chosen. 

Looking into my folder of the quotes and sayings I've collected over the years, I found this terrific advice from one of America’s greatest essayists, Ralph Waldo Emerson. 

Emerson said:  “What lies behind you and what lies ahead of you pales in comparison to what lies inside you.  Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path …  and leave a trail.

Okay, ready to hit the keyboard.   Happy writing.
  
Share A Writer’s Moment with a friend by clicking the g+1 button below

No comments:

Post a Comment