Popular Posts

Saturday, September 5, 2015

A double impact!


“I don't teach writing. I teach patience. Toughness. Stubbornness. The willingness to fail. I teach life. The odd thing is most of the things that stop an inexperienced writer are so far from the truth as to be nearly beside the point. When you feel doubt about your talent, that is your talent. People who have no talent don't have any doubt.” ― Richard Bausch

An American novelist, short story writer and Professor in the Writing Program of Wilkinson College of the Arts & Humanities at Chapman University in Orange, California, Bausch has written 12 novels – highlighted by his Peace U.S. and Peace, United Kingdom sequels – 8 short story collections and 1 volume of poetry.

Robert Bausch & Richard Bausch

Bausch’s twin brother Robert is also a noted writer and has produced 9 novels – led by the award-winning A Hole in the Earth and Almighty Me (which became both a best-selling book and the popular movie Bruce Almighty) – and 1 collection of short stories.  Like his brother, he too is a college writing professor (in Northern Virginia).

“We were greatly influenced by my dad,” Robert said about the interesting character development both Bausch brothers have in their works.  “It’s upon him that I based A Hole In The Earth.  I tried to put everything my father believed in that book," Bausch has said. "Out of respect for him, and because, as my narrator comes to see, he was right about most things."


Share A Writer’s Moment with a friend by clicking the g+1 button below.

No comments:

Post a Comment