Popular Posts

Monday, September 12, 2016

All about self-interpretation


“I wanted to be a writer that had an impact. I wanted, and still I say the same thing, I want to write books that change people's lives, change how we think and live and read and write. I wanna write books that are read in 50 or 100 years.” – James Frey
 
Despite controversy surrounding some of the things Frey has written – whether they are fiction or nonfiction being the primary ones – he is a writer who has been both well received and well read.  His books A Million Little Pieces, I Am Number Four, and Bright Shiny Morning have all been mega-bestsellers.

Born this day in 1964, Frey also has had great success as a screenwriter and is a noted speaker, and his works have obtained worldwide popularity now being published in more than 30 languages.  He said he wants to continue to publish works that will reach young adults and expand the reading population.  He likes writing what empowers readers to make their own decisions about what a book is trying to say, much like someone who looks at a piece of art and interprets it for himself or herself.

“When I go to an art gallery and stand in front of a painting,” he said,  “I don't want someone telling me what I should be seeing or thinking; I want to feel whatever I feel, see whatever I see, and figure out what I figure out.” 


Share A Writer’s Moment with a friend by clicking the g+1 button below.

No comments:

Post a Comment