Popular Posts

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Kindness: Great advice for life


“That best portion of a man's life are his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love.” – William Wordsworth

Wordsworth, born in England’s Lake Country on April 7, 1770, was mostly self-taught as both a reader and writer, but his immense natural talent led to his becoming Britain's Poet Laureate from 1843 until his death in April 1850.   Along with Samuel Taylor Coleridge, he helped launch the Romantic Age in English        literature with a joint publication of their 1798 masterpiece, Lyrical Ballads.  
                         When asked by rising young Scottish poet and playwright Joanna Baillie what advice a young poet might take from him, he replied,  “Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.”   Indeed. 
For Saturday’s Poem, here is Wordsworth’s,

 My Heart Leaps Up
My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky:
So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I shall grow old,
Or let me die!
The Child is father of the Man;
And I could wish my days to be
Bound each to each by natural piety.





Share A Writer’s Moment with a friend by clicking the g+1 button below.

No comments:

Post a Comment