Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

It's 'The Joy' Of Writing

 “I always loved words.  I love to sing them and speak them and even now, I must admit, I have fallen into the joy of writing them.” – Anne Rice 

Rice, who turned 79 this month, was born in New Orleans, which is the setting for many of her books.  She’s probably best known for her popular and influential series of novels, The Vampire Chronicles, revolving around the central character of Lestat.   Two of the books were made into movies, and many were adapted later as comic books, adding to their luster and ongoing popularity.

Rice's books have sold some 100 million copies, 
placing her among the most popular authors in 
recent American history.  She says that one of her own biggest influencers was British writer Charles Dickens.

“Dickens is a very underrated writer at the moment,” she said.  “Everyone in his time admired him, but I think right now he's not spoken of enough.  I claim Dickens as a mentor…He’s one of my driving forces.”  
 

Share A Writer’s Moment with friends

www.writersmoment.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment