Popular Posts

Thursday, May 30, 2024

'Writing life' wherever it happens

 

“Life happens, and I write about it wherever I am.” – Melissa Etheridge

 

Etheridge, who was born in Leavenworth, KS, on May 29, 1961 said almost from the time she could walk and talk she was interested in music, singing everywhere she went and learning to play the guitar by age 8.


She started writing words to go with the music in her elementary school years and never looked back, becoming one of the world’s top singer-songwriters before age 20.    Writing and performing songs inspired by her experiences and support for causes like the environment, she’s earned Grammy and Oscar Awards and dozens of other honors, including her own star on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame.
 “As an artist, singer and songwriter, I try to use my words to create pictures in people's minds.”

  

A breast cancer survivor who underwent surgery and chemotherapy, she said she celebrates life each and every day.   "I don't have a bucket list," she said.  "Whatever I do each day IS my bucket list.”

No comments:

Post a Comment