Popular Posts

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Wise words open memory doors


I like to travel, even if only for short journies or what people used to call “Day Trips.”  When I was a kid growing up on a South Dakota farm my Mom and Dad would spend days building us up for day trips, and my brothers and I would look upon them with as much anticipation as if we were going to Europe.  So, you can about imagine the excitement a three-day vacation somewhere might generate.  It built a love for discovery; and a lifelong resonance for enjoying whatever can be found around the next corner.

I was reminded of it again reading this quote from the writer Lisa Ann Sandell: “They say no land remains to be discovered, no continent is left unexplored.  But the whole world is out there, waiting, just waiting for you and me.”

If you like A Writer’s Moment, share it with a friend by clicking the g+1 button below

No comments:

Post a Comment