Popular Posts

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Enjoy the high


“Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind.   If history were taught in the form of stories, it would never be forgotten.” – Rudyard Kipling 

 I tend to agree with him on both counts, remembering as a kid that the history I read in the form of storybooks or even comics has stuck with me to this day, while some of the things I read in my history books long since have flown from my thoughts.  And, like Kipling says, there have been times when I've had a sense of pure euphoria after reading a particularly powerful or thoughtful sentence or paragraph.  And since I like to check things out from the library, the cost of this "high" was extremely reasonable as well.  

Happy reading ... and writing.
 
Share A Writer’s Moment with a friend by clicking the g+1 button below.

No comments:

Post a Comment