Popular Posts

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Writing For Growth, And Hope


“Each of my books is different from the last, each with its own characters, its own setting, its own themes. As a writer, I need the variety. I sense my readers do, too.” – Barbara Delinsky

Born on this date in 1945, Delinsky has authored dozens and dozens of romance novels, under her own name and under the pen names Bonnie Drake and Billie Douglass.  Her books have sold over 30 million copies worldwide and 20 have made the New York Times bestseller list. 

A native of Boston, Delinsky earned degrees from Tufts University and Boston College and got into writing “by fluke. My twins were four when, by chance, I happened on a newspaper article profiling three female writers. Intrigued, I spent three months researching, plotting, and writing my own book – and it sold.”  She writes primarily about emotional crises; everyday people facing not so everyday challenges. 
                                             A breast cancer survivor, she also has written two nonfiction books, including the mega-bestseller Secrets of the Sisterhood of Breast Cancer Survivors, with proceeds going toward cancer research. 

 “I believe in growth,” she said, “in myself and in the characters I create.”



Share A Writer’s Moment with a friend by clicking the g+1 button below.

No comments:

Post a Comment