Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Life Inspires Learning Skills


Learning how to learn is life's most important skill.” – Tony Buzan

Born in Great Britain on this date in 1942, Buzan
popularized the idea of mental literacy, radiant thinking, and a technique called mind mapping.  His series of 5 books: Use Your Memory, Master Your Memory, Use Your Head, The Speed Reading Book and The Mind Map Book sold over 3 million copies. 
       Altogether Buzan authored more than 80 books, founded London’s “Mind, Body, Spirit” Festival, and took on the role of editor of the International Journal of Mensa – a magazine dealing with brilliance.   Some thought Buzan contained his own form of brilliance – a photographic memory – although he vehemently denied it.

While he didn’t start writing early, once he did begin he simply continued, on-and-on, writing up until his death of a heart attack in 2019.

“I used to think that when I finished a book, I was finished with it. But it's like a wonderful Hydra. Every time a head disappears, more heads appear, so I will be writing for the rest of my life. The more books I write, the more books I find that I still have to write about. I use it like an inspiration, and that's wonderful.”


Share A Writer’s Moment with a friend or forward the link: http://writersmoment.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment