Popular Posts

Saturday, August 5, 2023

Catching that 'butterfly air'

 

“How to Write a Poem?  Catch the air around the butterfly.” – Katerina Stoykova-Klemer

 

Stoykova-Klemer’s poems have appeared in publications throughout the U.S. and Europe and she also hosts “Accents,” a radio show for literature, art and culture in Lexington, KY.  Born in Bulgaria in 1971 she emigrated to the U.S. in 1995 and holds an MFA in Writing from Spalding University.  For Saturday’s Poem, here is her short poem,

 

The Most


Welcome,
Last Resort.

We meet at last,
Plan Z.

I’ve heard a lot about you,
Worst Case Scenario.

I look forward to
working with you,
When-all-else-fails.

It’s going to be you and I now.
Do you feel lucky to end up with me?
Hey, it’s okay.

After the initial shock
wears off,
you too,
will try to make
the most of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment