“How do
I know what I think until I see what I say?” – E.M. Forster
Born in
London in 1879, Forster, is best known for his novels A Room With a View,
Howards End and A Passage to India – all also made into successful
films after his death in 1970.
A prolific notetaker, he became the
author of numerous short stories, essays, speeches and plays despite the fact that he intended his
career to be a historian or classicist, studying both disciplines at Cambridge
University. But writing "got in the way" and his voluminous career in that profession followed.
Following
the success of his bestselling novels and short stories – Forster went to work for the BBC and in
the 1930s and 1940s and became one of Great Britain’s most notable broadcasters,
also producing and narrating a popular weekly book review program.
"We
must be willing to let go of the life we have planned,” Forster said, “so as to
have the life that is waiting for us."
No comments:
Post a Comment