Popular Posts

Friday, August 29, 2014

Blame it on a good book :-)


Posting in the blog late today because of rising late because of staying up late –  to read from the great novel The Good Lord Bird.   I kept saying, both to myself and to my wife, who I’m sure was getting tired of me waking her to tell her I would be shutting the light off “just as soon as I finish this chapter,”  that I probably would regret staying up so late to read.  But the book was so darned good!

This morning, that brought to mind a comment I once read by fantasy writer Brandon Sanderson (who also is, by the way, the author of an interesting children’s book called Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians).   After getting some complaints that parents were not happy about their kids staying up late to read his books, he responded, “(you know) it is a writer's greatest pleasure to hear that someone was kept up until the unholy hours of the morning reading one of his books. It goes back to authors being terrible people who delight in the suffering of others. 

"Plus, we get a kickback from the caffeine industry...”

Time to get back to my third cup of coffee.  Happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment