Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Never Exclude Anyone


“I'm a reader for lots of reasons. On the whole, I tend to hang out with readers, and I'm scared they wouldn't want to hang out with me if I stopped.” – Nick Hornby

Born in England on this date in 1957, Hornby is both a writer and lyricist, perhaps best known for his memoir Fever Pitch and novels High Fidelity and About a Boy, all adapted into feature films. Hornby's works, which frequently touch upon music and sport, have sold more than 5 million copies worldwide.

The author of 7 novels, 9 nonfiction books, numerous short stories and screenplays, and two television specials, including this year’s State of the Union, Hornby also has edited half-a-dozen anthologies.  Honored with many writing and screenwriting awards, including the prestigious “E.M. Forster Prize” and the “British Sports Book Award for Outstanding Contribution to Writing,” the BBC named Hornby among its top 30 most influential people in British Culture.  
                              Hornby also is co-founder of the Ministry of Stories, a non-profit organization in East London dedicated to helping children and young adults develop writing skills, and to helping teachers inspire their students to write.   “I don't want my books to exclude anyone,” Hornby said.  “But if they have to, then I would rather they excluded the people who feel they are too smart for them!”


Share A Writer’s Moment with a friend at http://writersmoment.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment