“If you strive to become a creative
writer, whether it be writing novels or short stories or plays, you must become
deeply involved in the lives of your characters. You have to laugh and cry and agonize with
them. And this involvement doesn’t end
in ‘off hours.’ Like it or not, they are
with you 24 hours a day. They become
part of your life as long as the story is being written.”
Popular Posts
-
“I sat down one night and wrote the line rock, rock, rock everybody. I was going to use the word ‘stomp’ – like rock, rock, rock and then ...
-
“Nothing is too small. Nothing is too, quote-unquote, ordinary or insignificant. Those are the things that make up the m...
-
“I first got caught up in this marvelous feeling of being spoken to in that very direct, private, magical way by a poem when I was really ...
-
“To share our stories is not only a worthwhile endeavor for the storyteller, but for those who hear our stories and fe...
-
“Treat your life like something to be sculpted.” – Larry Niven Born in Los Angeles on this date in 1938, Laurence...
-
“How do I know what I think until I see what I say?” – E.M. Forster Born in London in 1879, Forster, is best known for his novels A...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment