Popular Posts

Saturday, February 13, 2021

'Tis Enough For Me

“I have no riches but my thoughts. Yet these are wealth enough for me” – Sara Teasdale

Born in St. Louis in 1884, Teasdale was a Pulitzer Prize-winning poet (for Love Songs) and considered one of the world’s leading Lyric Poets.  Teasdale's collection, Rivers to the Sea, published in 1915 remains one of the longest-selling bestselling poetry volumes, continuously in print since then. 

 

We've struggled with many cold nights in February, but the night skies are still fascinating.  For Saturday's Poem, here is Teasdale's,  

 
February Twilight
I stood beside a hill
Smooth with new-laid snow,
A single star looked out
From the cold evening glow.
There was not other creature
That saw what I could see,
I stood and watched the evening star
As long as it watched me.
 
  

And the moon shown brightly too

 

 

Share A Writer’s Moment with friends

www.writersmoment.blogspot.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment