Popular Posts

Thursday, May 30, 2019

Write With Assurance and Confidence


“The main rule of writing is that if you do it with enough assurance and confidence, you’re allowed to do whatever you like. (That may be a rule for life as well as for writing. But it’s definitely true for writing.)Neil Gaiman 

Born in England in 1960, Gaiman now makes his home near Minneapolis where he writes in virtually every genre from Children’s and Young Adult to short fiction, novels and graphic novels.  He also is a prolific writer of nonfiction, audio theatre, poetry, song lyrics and films.   And his blog and Twitter feeds have millions of followers.   Credited as one of the creators of modern comics, Gaiman is listed in the Dictionary of Literary Biography as one of the top ten living post-modern writers. 
                                Among his dozens of honors are Hugos, Nebulas, Newbery and Carnegie medals.  He is the first author to win both a Newbery and a Carnegie for the same work –The Graveyard Book (slated for a movie).  His title The Ocean at the End of the Lane won the British Book of the Year award.

Gaiman credits librarians with fostering his life-long love of reading.   "I wouldn't be who I am without libraries. I was the sort of kid who devoured books, and my happiest times as a boy were when I persuaded my parents to drop me off in the local library on their way to work, and I spent the day there.”

Writer’s Moment with a friend at http://writersmoment.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment