This week’s
photo for my “Road Less Traveled” segment was taken by my wife Susan in the Southern
Black Hills. Horses have played an
integral part in the Black Hills’ history since the early days of the Cheyenne
and the Lakota, and seeing this herd brought to mind the wonderful quote from
the book The Girl Who Loved Wild Horses,
a Native American tale re-told and illustrated by our friend Paul Goble: “…it gives us joy to see the
wild horses running free. Our thoughts
fly with them.”
Popular Posts
-
“I wrote about a bird that cleaned a crocodile's teeth. The story was so good that my teacher could not believe th...
-
“Nothing is too small. Nothing is too, quote-unquote, ordinary or insignificant. Those are the things that make up the m...
-
“I first got caught up in this marvelous feeling of being spoken to in that very direct, private, magical way by a poem when I was really ...
-
“Treat your life like something to be sculpted.” – Larry Niven Born in Los Angeles on this date in 1938, Laurence...
-
“To share our stories is not only a worthwhile endeavor for the storyteller, but for those who hear our stories and fe...
-
“The great thing about novels is that you can be as un-shy as you want to be. I'm very polite in person. I don't want to talk abou...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment